Not love, not money. It’s translation that makes the world go round.
In an article in the Huffington Post marking International Translation Day (celebrated on 30 September), Nataly Kelly, Chief Research Officer at Common Sense Advisory and co-author of “Found in Translation”, listed 10 ways that translation benefits us all:
1. Translation saves lives.
2. Translation prevents terror.
3. Translation keeps the peace.
4. Translation elects world leaders.
5. Translation creates jobs.
6. Translation fuels the economy.
7. Translation entertains us.
8. Translation tests our faith.
9. Translation feeds the world.
10. Translation makes us fall in love.
Here’s Nataly’s full article: 10 Ways Translation Shapes Your Life.
Do you agree with Nataly’s points, translators and non-translators? Can you think of other ways translation shapes our lives?
Filed under: Communicating, Life and work and everything else, Translation | 4 Comments
Tags: Communicating, Huffington Post, International Translation Day, Life and work, Translation